2) Cutting Out

2.
Cutting Out


This is the first image taken of me
'sitting' as this is a part and a very beginning of my idea called "Lonely Times". Also, this is a very first step that needs to be learned to be able to move on in learning more of photo-shopping. 

During this project, I have gained a lot of new skills and knowledge about techniques and creativity. 
Here is the very first cut out I've learned
to make through few processes. The first step, as the image was 'raw', I had to manipulate it with all the basic modes such as seen here on the right - allows the image to look more natural and neutral.

Second step was to use the "lasso tool" - shortcut for F - to create a rough cut out of everything that is completely un-useful however, cutting something out isn't a good thing to do at all because this means, I'm getting rid of something permanently and what happens if we would like to take it back (?) That's why, instead of actually cutting it out, I've used "masking". 

-"Layer Masking" is a black and white image that hides a layer but allows it to show trough wherever the pixels are white, and hides them wherever they're black. 

Continuing, I then used the "magic wand" tool (around the human) for it to roughly select as much as possible of the background left and using the "Fill.." - shortcut for  "Shift" + "F5" - colour, the selected parts, black - to mask it.
At this point, it was a time for more detailed 'masking'. Using a "polygonal lasso" tool  - shortcut for L - and zooming in and out - shortcuts for "command" + "+"/"-" - I masked all the edges of the girl in detail. I've also used the technique of using the brush - shortcut for "B" - to smoothly cover the parts that are supposed to be smoother, such as the sweater on this girl.


This is just an another image I have 'cut out' for my another idea so that I'd keep on exercising and learning new techniques on two different images with two different atmospheres, as those are one of the most crucial and meaning changing things - which means, I do need to make as many experiments as possible.
Clearly, this is a better 'cut out' from the previous one; that's why it is important to keep on training the new gained skills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6) Unit 1 Task 1 & 2

8) Unit 34, Task 1

3) 1st Photoshop Creation